- This event has passed.
2020 HARC Hike
June 6, 2020 @ 7:00 am - 12:00 pm$40
2020 Event details:
- Date: Saturday, June 6
- Location: C&O Canal Towpath
- Distances: 4K (2.5 miles), 10K (6.2 miles), or half marathon (13.1 miles)
- Cost: Individuals $40 (4K), $50 (10K) or $60 (HM); Families $65 (4K), $85 (10K) or $105 (HM). $10 discount for registration by May 17.
- Check-in times: 7 a.m. (half marathon), 9 am (10K), 10:30 am (4K)
- Check-in location: Shepherd’s Springs Retreat Center, 16869 Taylors Landing Road, Sharpsburg, MD 21782
- All hikes conclude at Shepherd’s Spring
- Start points on C&O: Dam #4 (4K), McMahon’s Mill (10K), Falling Water Rd (half marathon)
- Scenic water views
- Photo scavenger hunt and nature scavenger hunt (just for fun!)
- Celebration for all hikers at Shepherd’s Springs following the hike
HARC Hike for Hunger & Hope is a non-competitive fundraising event open to all ages. This fully supported hike on the beautiful C&O Canal towpath features 4 K (2.5 miles), 10 K (6.2 miles), and half marathon (approx. 13 miles) hikes, to include everyone from casual to serious hikers and runners. You can look forward to scenic water views, snacks, water & Gatorade refills along the way. All hikes will be along the C&O Canal in Maryland and will end at the beautiful Shepherd’s Spring Retreat Center with a short hike through the woods. All hikes will end at our “Celebration” pavilion where participants can relax and enjoy a delicious lunch and fellowship.
Special rates for youth teams of five or more that commit to fundraising at least $100 as a team.
Fun for children of all ages with a photo scavenger hunt for youths and a nature scavenger hunt for younger children.
Register online or send in a paper registration form (coming soon). You may register as an individual, as a family, or as part of a youth team. We encourage you to invite your friends or congregation members to join you. This is a great activity for youth or church groups! Or make some new friends on the trail. All hike groups are fully supported with “sweepers” to ensure everyone makes it back safely. Register by May 17 to take advantage of our reduced pricing and guarantee your t-shirt. Online registration closes on Friday, June 5.
You are not required to raise funds, but your fundraising is greatly appreciated! Set a goal to raise a minimum of $200. Ask friends and family to support you. Raise as much as you can — every dollar counts! Proceeds will benefit HARC (whose initiatives include Micah’s Backpack, early childhood education and well-being programs, work to foster peace and wholeness, and more); and Micah’s Backpack (a program to feed hungry children on the weekends). Collect pledges/donations from friends and family using our Hiker Sponsor Form.