What is Walk Maryland Day?
Walk Maryland Day is a celebration of our official state exercise–walking! It’s also a call to action to promote awareness about regular walking for physical activity and improved health, engaging Marylanders with fun walks of all sizes and shapes.
See pictures, event highlights, and read our Walk Maryland Day 2017 Report here.
Walk Maryland Day Event Goals
- Engage Marylanders in walking for daily physical activity. More than 2400 Marylanders participated in 2017.
- Engage community leaders to boost event visibility and physical activity awareness.
- Support safe walking in Maryland through enhanced state agency coordination (e.g., MDH, MSDE, MDOT, UMD extension, etc.).
- Promote school participation in Walk Maryland Day (International Walk to School Day) by registering here. More than 100 schools participated in 2016 and 2017.
- Promote worksite participation in Walk Maryland Day by directing Healthiest Maryland Businesses (HMB) and other Maryland worksites to walking resources.
Learn more about Walk Maryland Day here.